The newest composite materials confidently replace predecessors in all areas of life. Traditional natural and artificial materials are increasingly unable to meet modern requirements and have almost exhausted their capabilities.
They are replaced by composites, obtained as a result of the connection of already known materials available.
Ultra-high strength in combination with such properties as lightness, durability, the ability to operate in difficult conditions, as well as accessibility open many options for the use of modern composites.
Builders note the fact that the use of composite mesh in construction allows to reduce the formation of transverse cracks and rutting by a factor of 1.5 to 2, since the mesh is not afraid of corrosion, moisture, temperature drops, and resistance to stretching.
A comparative analysis of metallic and basaltic meshes revealed the following patterns:
- Basaltic grids have a low thermal conductivity of 0.46 W / m2, while for metals this figure is higher - up to 40 - 60 W / m2, i.е. Approximately 100 times. This means that the metal grids, being in the wall, are "bridges of cold";
- With the same diameter, basalt plastics are able to withstand higher loads of stretching, bending and pulling out of the wall;
- The most common type of metal mesh (50x50x3 mm, 0.5x2 m) weighs 2.04 kg / m2, and a basaltic mesh of 320-360 g / m2 (depending on the type of roving used and the percentage of binding binder), i.e. Lighter in 4-5 times;
- Basalt meshes are more resistant to aggressive environments, including alkaline ones (solutions, concrete) and practically do not lose their strength. Actually for these purposes they were developed;
- Basalt grids can not rust because they do not contain metal;
- Basalt grids can withstand more cycles of freezing and thawing (it is no accident that they are used in the construction of roads, airfields, hydraulic structures, where temperature differences are particularly noticeable);
- The cost of 1m2: - a metal net of about 120 rubles., And the price of metal is currently reduced due to the economic situation. - a basaltic grid 85 - 95 rubles. This grid is 30% cheaper;
Basalt grids are more convenient to use. They are much lighter, delivered directly to the object, usually a width of 100, 200 cm, i.е. Compact, take up little space. When working with the net, hands are not injured, the grid is laid flat on the wall, cut into rolls of the required width using scissors for metal, "pruners", knives with a cutting surface of increased hardness.
The grid can be cut into rolls up to 200 m long.